Crowdfunding is a great way to raise funds for a cause you are passionate about!
Clean the oceans with the power of your community!
Crowdfunding provides a platform to engage with a broad community to support a given cause. There are a range of platforms that can be used to set up a crowdfunding campaign including gofundme, kickstarter and indiegogo, as well as a multiple international and localised examples.
Seabin has all the material needed to support a successful crowdfunding campaign.
Check the debris at your location
In order to launch a crowdfunding campaign, it is important to first understand the marine debris problem in your surroundings. Seabins are designed for small to medium volumes of debris and in some cases of high debris volume where extra maintenance is available. Excessive volume of debris is unsuitable for installation of Seabins.
Projects/Campaigns must abide by the following eligibility rules:
- Identify the type of structure (fixed or floating dock)
- Have a minimum free board (distance above the water) of 460mm and a maximum of 820mm
- Minimum 1.2 meters of draught on the lowest astronomical tide
- Max water current does not exceed 4 knots
- Indentify the type of voltage provided (110/220V)
- Is there staff to maintain the Seabin on a daily basis?
Rough schematic of an appropriate site for a Seabin installation.
Current & Past Campaigns
There has a been a total of 27 successful crowdfunding campaigns across various platforms. Some of the most successful campaigns include:
Every Little Bit Counts
We welcome one-off or monthly donations to help support our programsSUPPORT THE SEABIN FOUNDATION